Are you looking for the BEST furniture storage rates?
Then, you must take a look at our (updated) price comparison guide for 2022.
In short: if you want a trustworthy and affordable storage solution for your furniture, you have to read this guide.
Ready? Let’s dive right in!
Jump to the Section you Want:
Section 1: What is Furniture Storage?
In this section, I am going to tell you what is furniture storage.
There are a couple of reasons why you might be looking for a furniture storage solution:
- You are either renovating your house,
- Staging your home to sell, OR
- You have decided that you need to downsize.
Keep in mind that furniture storage can be handy:
- It helps you keep your furniture safe until you return from a long trip,
- It helps you keep furniture you feel emotionally attached to, but no longer fit your style or needs,
- It enables you to make your house more spacious and earn extra space for you and your flatmates or family members.
There are two types of storage:
- Long term storage
- Short term storage
Most clients who store with us choose long term storage, but you can choose whatever works best for you.
Finding a reliable furniture storage solution is not easy.
Also, sometimes a storage unit for your furniture may cost you more than you think.
This is why you need to research before hiring a furniture storage company.
Most companies—including bySTORED—have their storage units indoors, and they keep them safe by having 24/7 surveillance.
However, not many companies offer the prices we provide.
Section 2: Furniture Storage Cost Estimation
To help you understand what your furniture storage needs will cost you, I will use our Storage Estimator.
Before I break down the cost of storage, let me tell you what types of furniture you can store are.
Furniture you can store include:
- Dining tables
- Beds (in different sizes)
- Sofas, AND
You can store pretty much everything you want.
Keep in mind that besides furniture, you can also store things like:
- Gas BBQs,
- Filing cabinets,
- Clothes racks, AND
There is pretty much nothing you can’t store when it comes to furniture.
Now, let’s get back to our example using our powerful Storage Estimator.
And, for the sake of example, let’s assume that you want to store the following furniture:
- 1x King Bed Frame
- 2x Clothes Racks
- 1x 3-Door Wardrobe
- 1x Small Mirror
The period that you want to store with us is eight months.
The cost for one month will be the following:
Which means that for eight months, the price will be £3,032.
You can add or remove furniture simply by choosing the type of item that you want to store, using the following button:
Whenever you add or remove something, you’ll notice that the window on the right changes:
This happens because our storage units range in size, and thus your needs determine what kind of unit your furniture will be stored into.
Use our Storage Estimator if you want to find the ideal size unit for your furniture.
And, keep in mind that this is the best way to calculate the cost of your furniture storage online.
If you need further assistance, you can always reach us at 020 3637 1234.
Section 3: Price Comparison & How to Choose The Best Storage Solution
If you are storing for a long time, the price should be among your first considerations.
In fact, all other things being equal, the furniture storage cost is the No.1 aspect that can influence your decision.
In section 2, I gave you an example of what furniture storage will cost you.
Here is the process I suggest you follow to compare prices and find the best one for your needs:
- Make a list of the furniture you want to store,
- Plug them in the Storage Estimator,
- Calculate the cost of your storage needs,
- Compare furniture storage units prices,
- Choose the best furniture storage service.
There are many trustworthy furniture storage options in London.
Ideally, you want to find furniture storage and moving solution so that you won’t have to deal with two different vendors.
Needless to say that bySTORED is one of the best furniture storage solutions in London.
Our furniture storage pods are secure, clean, and during the move, you don’t have to worry about anything.
Section 4: What to Pay Attention to
I’ll keep this one short because I’ve mentioned what you need to pay attention to when storing in previous articles.
Some things that you need to keep in mind when storing furniture are:
- If the storage company can also pick up your furniture,
- If the storage facilities are close to you—in case the company doesn’t offer door-to-door storage,
- If there is a charge to return the furniture back to your house,
- If the storage units are secure and if they have 24/7 surveillance,
- If the company offers damage or loss insurance and what that covers,
- If the charge changes after storing for a certain period (e.g., for more than six months).
There are several other things you need to pay attention to when storing, but these are the most critical ones.
Section 5: Before you Go!
I hope this guide helped you understand that storing furniture is not as difficult as it may sound.
All you need is a trustworthy, convenient, secure and safe storage company.
If that company offered a moving service as well, that would be great.
bySTORED offers both moving and storage services in the wider London area.
The best part?
We pick up and return your furniture without any extra cost.
If you want to learn more, give us a call at 020 3637 1234.
Some additional resources you might find useful:
- Business Storage in London: A Simple (But Complete) Guide
- Long Term Storage in London: Price Comparison, Safety, Insurance & More
- Swedish Death Cleaning: A Beginner’s Guide (with Tips & Things to Know)
- 10 Businesses You Can Run from a Self-Storage Facility - September 13, 2022
- What Are the 10 Creative Ways To Use A Cardboard Box? - September 8, 2022
- How much does it Cost to Put Furniture in Storage - September 6, 2022